Replenishment Control Systems
Order Release Module (ORM)
The Order Release Module (ORM) is a fully automated order picking system for different types of packages such as boxes, containers, trays, etc. They are buffered and sorted in a system with very high retrieval speeds. It has an extremely compact structure. Products are buffered on Friction-Drive™ roller conveyors in the ORM. Each of these Friction-Drive™ roller conveyors is run with a stopper/release system (dispenser) through which the products can be discharged at high speed, in any sequence and volume, and transported to one or more palletizing units or roll container filling stations.
The ORM differs from other “full case” order picking systems through the following characteristics.
- High capacity (5,000-8,000 packages/hour, depending on the OMR configuration)
- Compact structure (20-30% space saved compared to ASPW or shuttle systems)
- Low energy consumption (through patented drive concept with low number of drives, and other factors)
- Dynamic assignment of buffer spaces. All buffer channels are identical and suitable for all types of product, regardless of their package shape and weight
- Very low maintenance costs (yearly maintenance costs < 1% of investment total)
- Retrieval and replenishment process run simultaneously and independently of one another
ORM storage methods:
We offer different solutions depending on the replenishment strategy:
The dynamic sequencer is the solution for the sequence of products needs to be changed quickly and without requiring too much space. Made up of individual elements that are used in the Order Release modules in large quantities, DLS provides extremely compact and fast sequencer units. These can be used to sort groups of products in any sequence at high speed (800-900 packages/hour/level).
In addition to the high speed, the DLS sequencer has an array of special characteristics:
- Compact construction: The number of groups (buffer lanes) is set up as needed. The warehouse position can be either one-sided or double-sided. In order to implement optimal use of space, multiple sequencers can be set on top of each other.
- Suitable for a large variety of products: by using the DLS patented Friction Drive™ technology (identical to the buffer lanes in the ORM), functionality is guaranteed for a large variety of products
- Fast and reliable: DLS sequencers are made up of individual elements whose reliability and performance have been proven in large numbers of pieces in ORM systems.
- Wide range of application when combined with a number of material flow systems such as ASPW equipment, sorters, shuttle systems, etc.;